Tuesday 29 May 2012

Android Birthday Cake


It was Mr Mi's birthday recently and after our successful Red Velvet Cat Cake, I wanted to have another attempt at making rolled icing cake decorations. His favourite colour is green and Android devices seems to be his latest obsession (well...has been for a while!) so it seemed fitting that I make him an Android birthday cake. For the cake, I used the same recipe for Pandan and Coconut Cupcakes, it's so lovely and moist! I sliced the cake in half and filled the middle followed by cake top with a variation of Na's butter cream, replacing vanilla essence with 1/2 tsp pandan and 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence. The Android or "Andy" as Mr Mi likes to call him was made out of rolled icing and coloured using Wilton Gel Colours bought from The Raspberry Butterfly. Andy was then outlined with chocolate writing fudge. The cake turned out pretty well and was enjoyed by all. Happy birthday Mr Mi! Mi xo

P.S. Did I mention that I made him an Android softie too? :)

Andy softie can't wait to try the Android birthday cake!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! And I can tell you really love this pandan & coconut cake. Don't we all love to still to the same recipe when we found one that we love? I love both your Androids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I wasn't kidding when I told you I LOVE this recipe and use it all the time! If you find a good thing, stick to it. :) xo

      Delete